Each year, plenty of people try to apply Iran Visa for different purposes of leisure, education and medical. Obtaining Iran Visa has never been more organised, easy and stressfree no matter what the purpose of your travel is, should you use our services. We have an experienced visa department that offers proficient and value-enhanced services to help you with all your querries ensuring that you will truly enrich your travel experience. Our dedicated team ensures that everything runs smoothly from proper documentation to quick hassle-free processing of your visa application and to prepare your Iran Visa Grant Notice in 7 working days.
1. What are visa exempt countries?
The citizens of the following countries don’t need a visa to visit Iran:
China, Hong Kong,Macao
2. What is “Iran Visa Grant Notice”?
E-Visa is an electronic visa application system, launched by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) in 2017. You can submit for an E-Visa on MFA website or any eligible tourist agency.
3. What are the required documents for Iran visa?
First page of passport scan:
• In colour
• In .jpg or .jpeg file format.
• Less than 500 kilobytes
• Scan should be clear and all characters must be readable
• In colour
• In .jpg or .jpeg file format
• Less than 500 kilobytes
• In a rectangular aspect ratio (height must be greater than width)
• Do not wear a hat, eyeglasses or head covering
• Photos digitally scanned from driver’s licenses or other official documents are not acceptable
• Wearing headscarf is not a must
Note: It should be a headshot photo in front of a plain white or off-white background taken in full-face view directly facing the camera.
4. How long does it take to get my “Iran Visa Grant Notice”?
The average time needed to get Iran visa Grant Notice is about 7 working days.(Except holidays)
5.How long in advance of my intended date of travel should I apply for Iran visa?
If you are not a citizen of the US, the UK or Canada, you are advised to apply for your Iran visa at least 4-8 weeks before your intended date of travel.
6.How much does it cost to get “Iran Visa Grant Notice”?
If traveling to Shiraz:
1. 20% discount for residing in traditional Niayesh hotel
2. 20% discount on Persepolis and Pasargadae tour
3. Iran Map
7. How can I get my “Iran Visa Grant Notice”?
Simply fill out the Iran visa request form and attach a scan of your passport as well as your photo. Once you started your online visa application, you must fill out the forms for each applicant. This means personal information, photo and passport scans, and place of visa issue, approximate arrival and departure times and so on. For US, UK and Canadian citizens, an extra step requires a fully detailed CV or Resume. After filling the forms, you will pay the amount online and once the E-visa will be prepared, Visa Grant Notice will be emailed to the representative email.
8. What should I do when I received my “Iran Visa Grant Notice”?
The visa grant notice is a confirmation letter sent by the ministry of foreign affairs, showing that the visa request has been approved. Once you received your visa grant notice, you need to either submit your passport to the embassy/consulate you had chosen as the place of your visa issuance in the visa application form, or to obtain the Iran visa at the airport. It is obligatory to submit your passport to your chosen place of visa issue personally.
You should pay a nonrefundable visa stamp fee at the embassy/airport. The visa fee is determined by the type of visa you are granted.
9. What is an “on arrival visa”?
As the term may suggest, visas-on-arrival are issued when the visitor ‘arrives’ in a country. The process of issuing the visa is initiated, and completed, at the port of entry, where government authorities generally examine the visitor’s passport, collect the relevant visa payment, and ultimately issue the visa.
An on arrival Iran visa refers to a class of tourist visa which most travellers can simply apply for, at an Iranian airport. Citizens of most countries can apply for an Iran Visa upon arrival. The process usually takes about an hour assuming the line is not too long. Visa on Arrival is the most common option for getting Iran visa. In this case, there is a small chance of rejection, and that might make things complicated.
10. What are the “On arrival visa” requirements?
• You should fill the visa forms out.
• Six months validity on your passport.
• Two passport size pictures. They should be in color with a white background. Women don’t need to wear scarf to apply for an Iran visa upon arrival.
• Having a return ticket is not a must but might ease the process of Iran visa upon arrival; therefore, if you know exactly how long you are willing to stay in Iran, book your return in advance.
• A valid travel insurance that covers Iran is also needed. If you are using international insurance, make sure that covering travel to Iran is mentioned in it. The term “Worldwide” wouldn’t make the insurance acceptable at Iran airports. We suggest you to get your travel insurance from a local insurance provider. Pars Tourist Agency is always ready to help you buy your travel insurance from a local provider.
• It is essential to have an invitation letter from a local tourist agency or a friend. Your first/arrival night accommodation's address is also required.
• You need to have enough cash (Euro) in order to pay the visa fee. The amount is different for each nationality. (See the visa Assistance)
11. Who can apply for “On arrival visa”?
Here is the list of the countries that their citizens are eligible to apply for an on arrival Iran visa:
New Zealand ,Australia ,Sierra Leone، Chile ,UAE, Uganda, Chad, Vietnam ,China, Taiwan ,Angola, Serbia ,South Africa, Ukraine, Brazil, Hong Kong ,Germany, Austria, Spain ,Italy, Bulgaria, Greece ,Poland, Hungary, Belgium ,Sweden, Switzerland, Portugal ,Netherlands, Romania, Denmark ,Thailand, Singapore, Oman ,France, Finland, Cyprus ,Iceland, Slovenia, Estonia, Slovakia ,Czech Republic, Latvia, Luxembourg, Lithuania, Malta, Norway ,Ghana, Qatar, Cuba, Gabon, Guinea ,Russia, Uzbekistan, Argentina ,Zambia, Mongolia, Moldova ,Japan, Turkmenistan, Guyana ,Cameroon, Peru, Kenya, Kuwait, Tanzania ,Madagascar, Malawi, El salvador, Sri Lanka, Philippines, Panama, Fiji, Nigeria ,South Korea, Croatia, India ,Macedonia ,Bosnia, Kazakhstan, Paraguay, Senegal ,Mauritania, Indonesia, Tunisia, Zimbabwe, Kyrgyzstan,Mexico, Niger, Venezuela, Palestine ,Ecuador, Penal, Yemen, Eritrea, Belarus, Tajikistan, Algeria, Bhutan, Morocco, Libya, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Armenia, Bahrain, Malaysia
12. How much does it cost to apply for an “On arrival visa”?
Depends on the nationality the cost is different. You may get to know a list of nationality/prices. Please see here
13. Who is not eligible to apply for “On arrival visa"?
If you have a passport from the above-mentioned countries, you are eligible for a visa on arrival, but there are some exceptions.
• Citizens of the USA, Canada, the UK, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Afghanistan should not apply for an on arrival Iran visa since the application might get rejected. The best option is to plan a trip to Iran via a travel agency.
• Journalists and reporters might have some difficulties in getting an on arrival Iran visa.
• An on arrival Iran visa is issued only at Iran airports. It is not possible to get an on arrival Iran visa at land borders if you plan to visit Iran overland.
14. How is the process of applying for “On arrival visa”?
Once you arrive at the airport, you need to apply for a visa on arrival. There is a section in the main hall of the airport which issues the visas. Ask the officer for an on arrival Iran visa application. You should fill out two forms, requiring your personal information such as nationality, occupation, and the address. At some stage, you need to pay the visa fee, hand your Passport out to the officer and wait for a while to be called. This process usually takes an hour but sometimes might take longer, so you’d better to be prepared and patient.
15. In which Iranian airports I can get an “On arrival visa”?
• Imam Khomeini International Airport in Tehran
• Mehrabad International Airport in Tehran
• Shahid Hashemi Nejad International Airport in Mashhad
• Shahid Dastgheyb International Airport in Shiraz
• Shahid Beheshti International Airport in Isfahan
• Shahid Madani International Airport in Tabriz
• Kish International Airport
• Larestan International Airport
• Ahwaz International Airport
• Bandar Abbas International Airport
• Bushehr International Airport
• Qeshm International Airport
• Hashemi Rafsanjani International Airport in Kerman
• Urmia International Airport
• Bandar Abbas (Shahid Bahonar) Port
16.Are citizens of the US, UK, Canada and Ireland eligible to apply for Iran Visa on arrival?
Getting an on arrival Iran visa is not an option for citizens of the US, UK and Canada.
17. How the citizens of the US, UK and Canada can apply for Iran visa?
They must apply a tour through a local travel agency and have a prearranged itinerary and tour guide throughout the trip. Required documents are same as other nationalities except that a CV is also required.
The CV needs to be in Doc or PDF format (not too short) about education, current and previous work history in detail. The file size should not be more than 1 megabyte.
* Of course, people who were born on Asian countries or were citizenship of there, can get a visa like other nationalities and do not need to get a tour or tour guide.
18. How long in advance should citizens of the US, UK and Canada apply for their Iran visa?
Since the process of visa issuance takes about 45 to 70 days, it is advised to apply for their Iran visa at least 3 months in advance.
19. How long is the validity duration of Iran Visa Grant Notice?
It is 2 months if you are going to collect your Iran visa in an Iranian embassy/consulate. It is 3 months if you will obtain your Iran visa upon arrival.
20. How long is my visa valid?
Depends on your requested length of time it can be 1 to 90 days. While in Iran, you can extend your visa up to 90 days if you’d applied for less initially. All you need to do is to go to the Police Immigration Office to do the process.
21. How can I extend my visa?
As mentioned above, you can extend your visa up to 90 days if you’d applied for fewer days initially. The cost of visa extension is less than five euros. To extend the visa, the applicant should go in person to the Police Immigration Office in major cities like Tehran, Isfahan, Shiraz, Yazd….
22. In which cities I can extend my visa?
• Address: Qom, Shahid Lavasani St
• Phone: 025 3772 3838
• Bahonar boulevard, Valieasr Alley
• Phone: 035 1724 4055
• Address: Razavi Khorasan Province, Mashhad, District 9
• Phone: 051 3822 5280
• Address: Fars Province, Shiraz, Modaress boulevard
• Phone: 071 3725 0028
• Address: Tehran Province, Tehran, Shahr Ara Street
• Phone: 021 6693 5058
• Address: Isfahan Province, Isfahan, Rudaki Bypass
• Phone: 031 3218 4547
23.How much does Iran visa extension coast?
The coast for extension is about 10 euros
24.What should I do if my visa application is rejected?
If your previous E-visa request has been rejected, you have to wait one day from the day you have received the rejection letter before you can re-apply. In case that your previous visa has been accepted, you have to wait at least two weeks before re-applying for your new visa.
25. Is there any Visa-Free zone in Iran?
Kish and Qeshm are two beautiful islands with glorious nature, modern shopping centers, and hospitable people. Citizens of most countries can visit these free-trade zones for 14 days without visa. There is the option of extending your visa up to 6 months but you should submit your request before the 10th day of your stay. Of course to be able to leave the free-trade zone towards the mainland you need to obtain an Iran Visa in the Foreign Affairs Representative Offices.
26. How likely is to get a multiple entry Iran visa?
Iran ministry of foreign affairs only issues single entry Iran visas
27. Do Indians Need a Visa for Iran?
Yes, they do. Happily, since 23rd July 2018, Indians can get an on arrival Iran visa at Iran’s international airports.
28.Is it technically possible to apply for Iran visa through several travel agencies at the same time?
Those who have already applied for their Iran visa through another agency, cannot apply with us unless they ask the embassy to cancel their first request. We can re-apply for their Iran visa one day after the rejection.
29.How to travel Iran with your own car?
Driving around Iran is a great way to see its diverse landscapes and to discover its cities, towns and villages. What’s more, an extensive network of country roads, motorways and express ways make travelling around the country straightforward, allowing you to make the most of your time in Iran.
All you need is to have is a valid driving license, international driving permit, travel insurance, Carent de Passages documents and Iranian visa to enter the country. Drop us a line and get more info.
Should you have any question or need more details, please don't hesitate to contact us : [email protected]